Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Soul Sister Wonders...

diana crossman said...
Occasionally it happens that I care less what the world thinks (especially when it comes to what I say) but appearance wise it doesn't happen enough.I've been on this subject of the future for days now...actually much longer, but I mean intensely on it. This morning in the shower I did feel depressed over the time ahead, and what meaning there would be when half the population of the house leaves....and then the dogs are very old and likely gone too in ten years. I had the thought "maybe I'll just have to take prozac" not a great prospect! Nature is cruel in this way. I began adulthood very independent, then gave in to marriage and kids, eventually learned to focus my life on others and be more selfless, but kids will leave, and by then I'm pretty old to begin something new! But maybe it doesn't have to be a career thing. My next thought is how I wish I had close friends--even one--that is several years older and closer to this experience than I am. But as of right now I am not so lucky! Love to have at least one role model here!Maybe the idea of "retirement" is to learn to be and not do. That would be a whole new paradigm for me, what about you? What would it look like?? I'm just not sure but love hearing what others think.
September 15, 2009 10:17 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment